Marriage is described as a union between two people. Wouldn’t it be nice if it came with directions? Here is a menu of my favorite ideas that may help both of you have a wonderful and lasting marriage.
- Be kind to one another. Marriage is like a flower it must be nurtured and cared for.
- Begin each day with a smile and a hug. Showing affection makes one feel important.
- Surprise one another with loving notes and cards. When someone receives a surprise it makes them feel important and happy.
- Plan adventures together so you both can escape. It doesn’t have to be expensive, a picnic lunch, a stroll on the beach or a visit to where you both met.
- Compromise, understand there will be times when you don’t see eye to eye. Remember, you both are individuals and neither of you are perfect. Accept each other’s differences.
- Communicate not only in words, but actions. Walking hand and hand speaks volume to your spouse.
- Live within you means. Don’t put your marriage in a debtor’s prison, there is a difference between needs and wants.
- Be interested in each other’s day. It shows you care and are interested in what they do all day.
- Work together and have fun on projects like putting together a picnic table or a swing.
- Finally, encourage independence and help each other achieve their goals.
These are just a few recipes that can lead to a happy marriage. Mix them together for a delicious and incredible lifetime of happiness.