And now, a message from our metals...followed by our Inlays...
In short, you can resize them a smidge and they are the more silver colored of the alternative metals on the market. They fall in-between Tungsten and Titanium in weight, so it's a nice mid-range metal weight with the look of white gold.
- Resizable (only up .5 to 1 size) and cutable
- Although there are trace amounts of nickel, this metal is still considered to be hypoallergenic
- Has a "white gold" look and feel
- Scratch-resistant and durable, more so than solid gold
- Weight is similar to solid gold but many times harder and more durable
- Needs no special care and can be worn anywhere, anytime
- Not as scratch-resistant as Tungsten (but more so than Titanium)
In short, Damascus Steel is made from stainless steel which won't tarnish. It feels super light weight and looks really cool as each ring has it's own unique pattern.
- Corrosion and tarnish resistant
- The environmentally friendly option, as it it fully recyclable
- Can be cut off with regular cutting instruments in an emergency
Each ring is entirely unique as metals are forged together to make it
- Cannot be resized
- Contains some nickel, so if that's an allergy for you, we recommend Titanium, Black Zirconium, Cobalt Chrome, or Palladium instead
- DOES NOT LIKE CHLORINE, so if you swim a lot, this is not the right choice
In short, It's lightweight; it won't break like tungsten and won't bend like solid gold.
- Corrosion and tarnish resistant
- Considered to be highly hypoallergenic - made with medical grade titanium
- Strong, it won't bend like a solid gold ring can
- Won't conduct heat like gold and silver, so it's a great choice for chefs, but it still does conduct some electricity.
- Cannot be resized
- Can tend to show scratches - not as much as gold does, but not as scratch resistant as the other metals
- Very difficult to cut, but it is possible with standard emergency cutting tools
In short, it's mostly hypoallergenic and since it's not plated, the dark charcoal gray color will never wear.
- Scratch resistant
- Considered to be hypoallergenic
- Super chemically resistant (yay chemistry nerds!)
- Strong without being brittle (more durable than tungsten)
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Charcoal gray color will not wear over time - as it naturally occurs to Zirconium when heated.
- Will not crack like tungsten
In short, it's inexpensive, highly scratch resistant, and has the weighted feel of solid gold.
- Extremely scratch resistant (the most of all the metals)
- Very strong and tough
- Being a heavier metal, it feels much like a platinum in weight
- Cannot be resized or cut. Contrary to the rumors though, Tungsten can be taken off in an emergency. Instead of cutting it, you crack it with vice grip pliers.
- Has a small amount of nickel in the alloy mix, so if you are allergy prone to nickel or other metals, please avoid tungsten. No it will NOT turn your finger green.
- Is a brittle metal so it will break if dropped on hard surfaces. Tungsten's kryptonite is tile floors, so make a habit of taking it off in the bedroom instead of the bathroom. We will still replace it if it cracks during your 1 year warranty.
In short, they sport a classic look, hold value for years to come, and can be resized by any jeweler.
- Can be resized
- Hold value
- Palladium is hypoallergenic and lighter weight
- All solid gold alloy (white, yellow and rose gold) often have traces of nickel, so they are not hypoallergenic
- Gold is a soft metal, so it scratches pretty easily
- Platinum can develop a "patina" wear but can easily be revived
- Not great around chemicals
- Can bend over time
They are stretchable and very resistant to breakage. Great for the gym and any other time you need more freedom.
- Flexible - can stretch a half size up
- Super comfortable
- Won't interfere with weight lifting
- Heat resistant
- Non Conductive
- Like all rings, these should be taken off at night as they can trap sweat and water which will eventually irritate the skin
- Not resistant to all chemicals and can loose it's finish with bleach and other harsh chemicals
Why Match Grade? (Coming soon!)
In short, they are good around chemicals, breathable, and look really cool. Great for dudes who work on their cars or find themselves around chemicals.
- Super chemically resistant (household cleaners, oils, petroleum products)
- Flexible, but not as much as silicone
- Smooth but won't grab like silicone
- very durable material - it can take a licking and not breakdown or fall apart
- It can break if squished or treated poorly
- not a safety ring for ring avulsion
Why Gentleman's Reserve? (Coming soon!)
In short, they are non conductive, hypoallergenic, unique as hell and really comfy. They're not indestructible, but not fragile either. Treat with care and it'll last!
- Super comfy
Can be cut or broken off in an emergency
Quarter sizes available
Slight resizing ability (up a half size)
Surface can be refinished
And now....The Inlays!!
What the heck is....?!?
In short, the one, the only, from the sky kind of thing. It's genuine and really really cool. Geek out with us.
Our meteorite rings contain Gibeon Meteorite, which was formed in space four billion years ago. The rarity, origin and pattern of each meteorite ring makes it a distinctive piece of art. Meteorite can be inlaid in any metal with 3-5mm inlay widths. Meteorite is primarily composed of iron. Everyday wear should prevent any rusting; however, care must be taken to prevent oxidation. See care instructions here.
In short, it has one of the highest strength to weight ratio of any product ever created. Our Founder's Line and Custom rings have genuine carbon fiber that is produced entirely in the U.S. It comes from a manufacturer that specializes in high tech applications varying from Formula 1 racing and aerospace engineering to competitive cycling. Now that's some cool stuff.
The Camo in our Founder's Line and Custom Rings is licensed by King's Camo, with some others available from Mossy Oak and and RealTree. Camo inlays are sealed for durability.
The dinosaur bone is authentic dinosaur bone that is taken from bones too small or broken to be displayed in museums. It's available in three different colors - black, tan and red. Since this is a very new product on the market, there is no such thing as a certificate of authenticity (like we have with our meteorite) just yet but we are working on something official and will post here when it is available. For now, we must ask you to trust us that it is the real deal.
Are Your Wood/Antler/Dino Bone Rings Waterproof?
Yes and No. Our Ready to Ship wood rings are water-resistant but not waterproof. Our jeweler seals the wood in with a jewelry resin but they are not meant to wear in the shower and in the pool/lake/ocean. They will not fall into pieces after one shower, but please don't make it a habit.**Obvious submerged water damage to your standard wood ring will void your no hassle one year warranty**
Our Founder's Line
and Custom Rings
are handmade with a tougher resin that will hold much better. We still do not recommend submerging them in water, but they are made to last the test of time and rings in these collections only are covered under our Lifetime Warranty. For more info on the warranty on your ring, click HERE